GFBC Mission Statement
To present the gospel of Jesus Christ in a way that encourages and educates disciples toward Christ-like maturity and equips the Church body to serve the needs of humanity, in order that God's name, love and power will be magnified through:
1. Changed and renewed lives.
2. Bible-centered families.
3. Selfless service within our community and the world.
GFBC Vision Statement
To be an effective, family-based ministry where culturally diverse individuals, of all ages, become fully-devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
We exist to Glorify God, Win Souls and Edify His People
- We Glorify God: When we express our love to God and His people through faithful obedience to His Word.
- We Win Souls: When we communicate God's Word through evangelism and incorporate a new life in Christ as a member of His body.
- We Edify His People: When we encourage and educate through discipleship and fellowship and exemplify God's love through ministries of service.
What We Believe at Greater First Baptist
- We believe that salvation through Jesus Christ, with its forgiveness of sins, its impartation of a new nature, and its hope of eternal life — is entirely apart from good works, baptism, church membership or man's effort and is of pure grace.
- We believe that a true believer is eternally secure, that he cannot lose his salvation, but that sin may interrupt the joy of his fellowship with God and bring the loving discipline of his heavenly Father.
- We believe that all who receive Christ become joint heirs with Him, and at death, their spirits and souls depart to be with Christ in conscious blessedness.
- We believe that at rapture, their bodies will be raised in the likeness of the body of His glory and dwell forever in His divine presence.
- We believe that it is the goal of every Christian to become a disciple of Christ by growing toward spiritual maturity through the knowledge of an obedience to the Word of God and submission to the Holy Spirit, who indwells baptizes and seals all believers at the moment of salvation.
- We believe that every true Christian is to be a dynamic part of a local church since this is God's primary context for spiritual development and community impact.
- We believe the Bible is the Word of God, supernaturally inspired. It is inerrant in the original manuscripts and preserved by God in its verbal, plenary inspiration; and that it is a divinely authoritative standard for every age and every life.
- We believe that the Godhead exists eternally in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and that these three are one God.
- We believe God is the absolute and sole creator of the universe and that creation was by divine command.
- We believe God, by His sovereign choice and out of love for men, sent Christ into the world to save sinners.
- We believe that Jesus Christ in the flesh was both God and man. He was born of a virgin and lived a sinless life; He was crucified, died as a penalty for our sins, and was raised from the dead bodily on the third day. Later, He ascended to the Father's right hand where He is the head of the church and intercedes for believers.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is coming again personally, bodily, and visibly to this earth to set up His millennial Kingdom.
- We believe the Lord Jesus Christ made a perfect atonement for sin, through his sacrificial death and shed blood, and has redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us. Men are saved and justified on the simple and single ground of his shed blood.
- We believe in the demonstration of the fruit of the Spirit and the utilization of the gifts of the Spirit.